How important is your wedding cake to you? Have you been dreaming about it since you were a little girl?
Or is it something you are having because it is tradition? Will you play it safe with the flavor or will you be adventurous?
Over the years, in our experience, the most frequently ordered cake flavor is vanilla with buttercream filling and icing. However, more and more couples are choosing exotic and unusual flavors. If you wish to play it safe and walk on the wild side at the same time, order a different flavor for each tier. This adds an element of surprise for your guests and gives them a choice.
Some popular alternative flavors to vanilla are:
- Key lime with raspberry filling
- Butter cake with key lime filling
- Chocolate with dulce de leche
- Red velvet with creme cheese
- Chocolate with ganache
- Butter with strawberry
- Chocolate with peanut butter
- Pina Colada with buttercream
- Coconut with passion fruit
- Margarita with strawberry
Most bakeries offer a tasting for a nominal charge so pull up a chair and enjoy your cake selection process. Yum!