Mercer MuseumDoylestown, Pennsylvania
A Fairy Tale Wedding
The Mercer Museum, a National Historic Landmark, offers a truly unique wedding experience.
A 7-story historic museum of every-day life in America during the 18th and 19th centuries, Mercer Museum is reminiscent of a castle, inside and out. Designed and built by Dr. Henry Chapman Mercer, it was completed in 1916. Choose your ceremonyand reception location – outside on the beautiful lawns and garden, within the museum itself or inside the art-filled Elkins Gallery.
- Imagine your ceremony on a vast landscaped lawn and sunken gardens
- Views of the soaring 7-story castle set against blue skies
- Dine and dance under the stars in our clear-paneled state-of-the-art tent
- Adjacent to the museum is the lovely Elkins Gallery, where off-season receptions are held.
- A Georgian style room that displays a fine collection of Bucks County paintings, was designed by well-known Philadelphia architect Horace Trumbauer.
- A vintage baby grand piano and two fireplaces.
- With an indoor reception that includes dancing, there is capacity for 80 guests November through March or up to 150 guests when using our clear-sided tent which offers beautiful views of the castle lit up against the night sky.
Your special day includes access to the museum for all of your guests.
Superb photo opportunities abound – outside on the Mercer Museum grounds and inside among thousands of vintage artifacts.
Contact us today for more information or to schedule a tour!