A truly fresh idea in wedding desserts can not only entice the taste buds but set your wedding in Philadelphia apart from the rest.Just reach out to your wedding caterer or Philadelphia area bakery to discuss your ideas.Here are 6 desserts that will intrigue your guests:
Photo credit: Perfect Setting Catering
1. Hand Crafted Ice cream Sandwiches: Nestled between a unique ice cream flavor like pumpkin, imagine a buttery shortbread ice cream sandwich for a twist on a dessert staple. Or even a traditional chocolate chip cookie and vanilla ice cream sandwich dipped in a sprinkle of crushed peppermint candy canes for an indulgent winter wedding in Philadelphia.
2. Cheesecake Lollipops: Good for any event, white or dark chocolate dipped rounds of dreamy creamy cheesecake on a stick is perfect for a bite or two (or three…)
3. Banana Foster Action Station: Watch your guests gather around in anticipation. If the caramelization of bananas and that sweet buttery rum aroma isn’t enough to grab guests’ attention… like moths to a flame then the entertainment of a brief live action dessert sauté will draw them in. Pair it with fresh vanilla bean ice cream.
4. Mason Jar Pies or Cakes: Perfect for wedding party favors, the layers of rich red velvet cake layered between rich homemade cream cheese frosting (kind of like a mini trifle) are sealed for freshness and enjoyment later. Not only do they look decadent but may not last the car ride home. Pie in a mason jar practically screams rustic wedding favor.
5. Individual Pies: Because sharing is…well…a touchy subject for some of us when it comes to sweets! The pie bar is a nice idea but consider individual pies and no one gets hurt.
6. Hot Donut Station: Fresh warm donuts right off the press. They practically melt in your mouth. Donuts, cro-nuts, these luscious treats will draw a crowd. A perfect fall or winter wedding idea for when you crave comfort food!
Hopefully, these selections will bring you closer to a unique dessert idea for your Philadelphia wedding.